Research on membership is now more widely available than ever before. We are slowly building a body of knowledge that enables membership practitioners to base their decisions on research and facts rather than just their gut feel. If you come across any research that is not in this list please contact us.
- 2012 Membership Benchmarking Report (UK) Report by Sue Froggatt. 76 pages.
- 2011 Membership Benchmarking Report (USA) Free report by Marketing General.
- The Decision to Join: How individuals determine value and why they choose to below (USA). Report by the American Society of Association Executives.
- Where the Winners Meet: Why happier, more successful people gravitate towards associations (US) 2008 Free report by the Smith Bucklin institute.
- The Decision To Join: How Individuals Determine Value and Why They Choose To Belong (US) 2007
- Investigation of Association Mergers (US) Free report by the SmithBucklin Institute 2007
- Generations and the Future of Association Participation (US) Free report by the SmithBucklin Institute 2006
Comment on this resource